Frequently Asked Questions
Are the in-person Walk to End ALS events happening this year?
In light of the evolving situation with COVID-19, we’re transitioning all of the Walk to End ALS events across the province into an online virtual experience. That’s right – the Walk to End ALS is not cancelled and we need your continued support. Although we can’t walk together, we are all in this together and your support is needed now more than ever for the same Walk you know and love.
What is a Virtual Walk?
All virtual events in support of the Walk to End ALS will take place on Saturday, June 20, 2020—the day before Global ALS Awareness Day. You can show your support by joining your virtual community at www.walktoendals.ca/british-columbia and collecting online donations with your personal fundraising page.
On the day of the Virtual Walk, choose a time that works for you, and take a walk in your neighborhood. Share a photo or video from your Walk, and post it on your fundraising page or share it on social media. Feel free to get creative with activities aside from walking—we’d love to see your ideas!
How do I get a t-shirt?
Due to the pandemic, we are not distributing t-shirts this year to ensure the safety of everyone. If you have one, you are welcome to wear your shirt from last year.
Many of my friends and family want to donate but they are experiencing financial difficulties because of COVID-19. Why is June the best time to do this?
If your family and friends are not able to donate this year, they can do their part in raising awareness by sharing our posts on social media or telling their network about this cause. We are walking on June 20th because it is the day before Global ALS Awareness Day. More than ever, it is important to show up for the ALS community because they are feeling afraid and alone. We will have a unified voice for the ALS community, and they can help to amplify our message.
Why should I register/fundraise online?
Online registration is fast and easy, unlocks lots of tools and resources to support your fundraising efforts. You can register at www.walktoendals.ca/british-columbia. By registering and fundraising online, you will be able to invite your friends and family to join your team and you’ll be able to see your collective progress you’re making towards your goal.
How do I register online?
- Go to Find a Walk
- Click on the location you want to join.
- This will take you to the Homepage of your selected Walk location.
- Click on:
- “Register” to sign up as an individual.
- “Start a team” to register as a Team Captain.
- “Join a team” to register for an existing team.
I forgot my username or password
- Go to the .Walk to End ALS homepage
- Click on the Walk location that you have registered for.
- Click on “Login” at the top.
- Select “Forgot Username or Password?”
- Enter your email, then click “Submit.”
- Check your email for an email from us (please check your junk email box as well).
Is there a registration fee or a minimum fundraising amount to participate in the Walk to End ALS?
There’s no registration fee for any of the Walk to End ALS events and everyone is welcome! There is no minimum fundraising amount required. We appreciate any donation amount to support event costs and direct more money towards a future without ALS.
How do I donate online to a participant or team of the Walk to End ALS?
- In the top right hand corner of your screen, click on “Donate.”
- Enter the Walker’s first and/or last name, and then click “Search.” Or, click on “Search for a team" to support a team.
- Select “Donate Now” and follow the steps to complete the transaction.
Where’s my tax receipt?
When you make a donation online, a tax receipt is automatically issued via email. Please be sure to check your junk or promotions folder if you don’t receive the receipt right away. If you need a duplicate or corrected tax receipt, please contact us at email@example.com